The main output of the joint three years PPP project will be that selected producer groups
Cafédirects' supply chain will have created examples of how to strengthen their capability to cope with the impacts
and risks of climate change and how to improve their access to respective financial and technical support mechanisms.
The projects objectives include:
- To ensure long-term sustainability of coffee and tea production and thus saving revenues of the smallhoders
- To impact positively on climatic and environmental conditions by implementing adaptation and mitigation strategies
- Reducing the vulnerability of agricultural production practices against climate change
- Contribution to the overall development objectives of the Millenium Development Goals (MDG), particularly to
- MDG 7, 'ensure environmental sustainability'
- MDG 1, 'reduce extreme poverty and hunger'